Programme Management Consultant
Change the text and make it your own. Click here to begin editing.
• Master’s degree in business or public administration, project management, social sciences, law, economics or a related field; PRINCE2, PMP, or MSP certification is highly desirable;
• 7 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience, including experience in management consulting, business process design, business intelligence, data analysis, project management, and change management;
• Experience working with the private sector and /or project and programme management training providers and knowledge institutions;
• Proven ability in strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting;
• Excellent knowledge and work experience in programme and project management
• Excellent knowledge and work experience in mapping business processes, analysis, and identification of gaps.
• Working knowledge of mission-driven organizations and the UN system (experience working with UN Women is considered an advantage).
about the company
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. As part of PPID, the Programme Support Management Unit (PSMU) in UN Women Headquarters works to strengthen corporate project management capacities and provide increased support to the field and headquarters in non-core programme and project implementation.
"Check out our website and our values!"
your area of responsibility
• The consultant will be responsible for supporting a variety of initiatives across the PSMU’s working areas.
• The consultant, under the direct supervision Head of PMO and overall responsibility of the Chief, PSMUwill be responsible for support to the PSMU’s efforts in enhancing programme and project management.
• The consultant must have excellent communication and organizational skills to manage the substantive inputs and quality control of work related to the assignment and must be able to work with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Advise the Head PMO on project and programme management capacities strengthening
• Support the Head of PMO in the work related to the policy and procedure revisions in relation to the Programme and Project Life cycle
• Support the Head of PMO with any other duties, and project and programme management guidance, support and oversight, as required.
• Support the Head of PMO and PSMU with the timely project management of corporate priorities including coordination, communications, note-taking, documentation and drafting for the following initiatives:
• Advance work on the corporate Project and Programme Management Lifecycle proposed roll-out plan by focusing on implementing key near-term recommendations
• PMO Trainings, Community of Practice engagement, and backstopping for PMO activities on behalf of the Head of PMO
Discover them on our website!