Business Development, Sales
Industry Advisor - Telco
Change the text and make it your own. Click here to begin editing.
Industry specific knowledge:
Several years Industry domain expertise in one (or more) of the priority industries, as relevant: Telco
Expertise working in business roles at a company in the target industry
Significant years solution selling experience preferably in the target industry
Industry specialized sales or consulting background within an IT Consulting or Services company
Strong Business development, Market development and sales skills
Proven track record of solution sales or consulting in a competing or partner company
Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
Executive communications, engagement and influence
Meaningful non-Microsoft prior work experience at one of the following: driving digital transformation within Consulting or Services company such as McKinsey, Accenture, SAP, or the equivalent; competing cloud service providers and software companies, particularly Oracle, IBM, SalesForce.com, AWS
Proven track record of delivering on results on short-term, mid-term, long-term.
Strategic leadership with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth, consumption, usage). Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery
Broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) and effective marketing engagement to drive replicable customer references
Executive communications, engagement, and influence
Knowledge of the Microsoft partner ecosystem and offerings
Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, MBA desirable
Due to the specifics/requirements of the market, fluency in English is a must for this role.
about the company
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
"We strive to create an environment that brings the power of diversity to life—where people with different backgrounds and experiences thrive in both their professional and personal lives."
your area of responsibility
1. Drive customer outcomes by demonstrating Industry Transformation Leadership and by engaging directly with line of business to identify, generate and nurture new opportunities, while leveraging the value of the partner ecosystem.
Drive digital business outcomes for your customers across 3 horizons that are relevant to their Industry, by executing Industry Priority Scenarios and key Sales Plays in response to customer & market demands.
Drive Partner wins and mutual trust with Co-sell Prioritized solution partners through joint account planning in all accounts, outbound lead sharing adhering to defined SLA on inbound Cosell requests and actively selling with partners.
Support envisioning and accelerate customer BDM engagement through EBCs, MTCs, customer workshops, industry specific events that put the success of the customer front and foremost.
Act as the industry SME in close alignment with the account v-team and provide strong support to quarterly account planning on industry and customer priorities.
Create repeatable customer success stories supported by Industry Marketing to grow industry knowledge of sales teams cross-segment.
Act as the local SME of the WW industry teams and run continuous feedback loop on market dynamics and IPS landing.
Achieve 100% Technical Skill Initiative completion and all other role-based achievements at defined deadlines.
Complete Sales Challenger and other relevant trainings focused on sales and compete skilling incl. Insights to Outcomes, digital selling to accelerate customer engagement.
Anticipate and win against competition by driving business value to customers and demonstrating that Microsoft is focused on their success.
2. Act as Industry Expert and Thought Leader internally by growing industry skills & capabilities across internal sales teams and community to deliver high impact.
3. Role model learn-it-all culture by developing and maintaining strong sales skills to identify, assess, validate, and influence customers’ needs and vision for DT.
4. Trust and Compliance: Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth. Model integrity and ethical behaviors every day.
Operate in full adherence to Company policies and processes and ensure timely 100% completion of online mandatory Compliance Trainings.
Cooperate with audits and other compliance processes & controls and help on remediation actions. Be proactive in identifying risks inherent to your role and escalate concerns.
5. Diversity and Inclusion: To realize our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more, each and every one of us must help create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. With this priority, personally commit to be an active and intentional participant in creating a diverse and inclusive Microsoft.
Industry leading healthcare
Maternity and paternity leave
Discounts on products and services
Savings and investments
Opportunities to network and connect
Generous time away