Business Development, Information Technology, Project Management
Head of Product
Change the text and make it your own. Click here to begin editing.
• You have plenty of lateral leadership skills to go round so you can lead through motivating, coaching, and building partnerships with others both within and outside your line of authority
• You can create a psychologically safe environment for your team, where people feel encouraged to ask for help, raise questions, challenge assumptions, experiment with new approaches, and step outside familiar territory to grow
• You drive discussions with team members, stakeholders, and customers collaboratively and patiently, listening more than you talk to understand others’ objectives and needs and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
• You have a solid grasp of the tools and techniques product leaders use to set and deliver on product vision and product strategy
• You have sound, user-centric ideas for scaling a product management organization to align team structure, continuous discovery processes, and product management tools and platforms to the needs of a growing user base and organization
• You have in-depth knowledge of, and experience using, a wide range of product discovery and delivery techniques so you can coach product managers and help them grow in their careers
• You have a knack for effortlessly relaying complex messages in a way that makes them sound simple, on point, and relevant
• You're conscientious and organized, delivering what you promise, meeting deadlines, and working to completion despite any distractions
• You're happy to dive deep into the details and get your hands dirty when needed
• You're not rattled by change and ambiguity, but actively seek to try new approaches and change course flexibly when it makes sense
• You can differentiate between facts and assumptions, and are able to create and execute a process for validating the latter
• You're able to prioritize and break down long-term goals into manageable milestones and bring out the best in other people to ensure team success
• You have a working knowledge of product analytics solutions such as Hotjar and Google Analytics
• You’re familiar with (or have a willingness to learn about) software development principles like CI/CD, automated testing, and restful APIs
• You speak and write English fluently
• You live near or are willing to regularly travel to Budapest so you can spend some days in our head office every month (with plenty of flexible home office opportunities)
about the company
memoQ is among the world's leading translation environments. We are committed to providing advanced translation technology with a strong emphasis on quality, innovation and customer satisfaction.
"Check out our website and our values!"
your area of responsibility
• Work with our Management team to shape memoQ’s product vision, product strategy, and positioning and align product management with our sales and marketing efforts
• Be a servant leader to a team of six Product Managers and a Product Operations Manager, providing overall direction, collaboratively improving continuous discovery processes to foster co-creation with users and stakeholders, scaling our product management infrastructure, and providing coaching and support
• Work with our Head of Development and our Development, Design, QA and Documentation Team Leads to align and optimize our product delivery processes and efforts
• Evangelize our product vision and strategy both inside and outside the company to help communicate memoQ’s differentiation and its user-centric and transparent product management principles
Discover them on our website!